Monday, September 28, 2020

Howard Goodall Assignment

 The first person that I learned about in Howard Goodall's video that I found fascinating was Claudio Monteverde. I am a big fan of romance and drama and he specialized in making, "heartbreaking love songs" and, "dramatic music". I thought it was interesting that he was the greatest genius in that era but I had never heard of him. I also liked learning about how well he knew the audience, what they liked and enjoyed. I find that the vast majority of very successful people get that way by understanding other people, not necessarily by being the best in their field. Another person I was interested to learn about was Richard Wagner. His opera's were exploited a hundred years after he made them by the Nazis and Mussolini. I am happy he was not alive to see this. It is sad to see opera, "caught between propaganda and conspiracy." It seems like opera would be the one place politics would not have to be caught up in, it could just be there to provide entertainment and happiness for the audience. I knew 150 words was not enough to cover everything in this video so I decided to focus on the two people/things that stood out to me the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music works and comments assignment

 Rap For rap my favorite artist is Macklemore. I think he takes very important social issues and brings awareness to them. My favorite song ...