Monday, September 28, 2020

Angel de Quinta's Stage Door Assigment

 The three excerpts I chose were Michael Buble's Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Jennifer Hudson's Push Da Button, and Gwen Verdon's If they could see me now. I was excited to watch Michael Buble's video, but it was not the first time I have seen it. He is one of my favorite artists. The setting of his song was in a class building with flowers, candles, and a Christmas tree. He is wearing a suit and the orchestra behind him is also very fancily dressed. The setting is classy but still upbeat and reminds me of a very happy time, Christmas. Push Da Button involves more people acting and dancing. The cast is funny and happy and gives off the mood of humor. The dancing and costumes are much less formal. Michael Buble was the only one in the spotlight, but Jennifer Hudson has around fifteen people interacting and sharing the spotlight with her. Gwen Verdon's is more similar to Michael Buble's in the way that she and, "friend", for lack of a better word are very dressed very fancy and with a lot of class and the spotlight stays primarily on Gwen Verdon. However, If They Could See Me Now, has the same sense of humor and mood that Push Da Button. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music works and comments assignment

 Rap For rap my favorite artist is Macklemore. I think he takes very important social issues and brings awareness to them. My favorite song ...