Monday, October 12, 2020

Extra Credit - Dada movement

 Dada or Dadaism is a very important art movement that happened in the early 20th century. This was a controversial art movement. The whole movement goes against what peoples idea of "art" is. Duchamp was the father of this movement by making "art" by gluing a wheel and a table together. One of my favorite quotes is by Helena Bonham, “I think everything in life is art. What you do. How you dress. The way you love someone, and how you talk. Your smile and your personality. What you believe in, and all your dreams. The way you drink your tea. How you decorate your home. Or party. Your grocery list. The food you make. How your writing looks. And the way you feel. Life is art.” I agree with this quote 100%. Of course something can be art even if it is an upside down urinal. It is art because it makes people think, have discussions and debates, and learn more about themselves and the world around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music works and comments assignment

 Rap For rap my favorite artist is Macklemore. I think he takes very important social issues and brings awareness to them. My favorite song ...