Monday, October 12, 2020

Performance art definiton

 Performance art creates a type of art through live action. The artist often uses their own body as a medium and they preform their work live to an audience. There are many variations of this including many that are very common today, such as dance and poetry. Personally, my favorite form of performance art is spoken word poetry. I first fell in love with this type of performance art when I saw Sarah Kay's spoken word poetry, "If I should have a daughter". Later, I saw a youtube video from ClickForTaz titled, "It's okay to not be okay". These spoken word poems made such an impact on me that I remember from them six years ago and re-watched them to be more familiar with performance art for this assignment. This art form combines a visual art form with a performance. I believe this is so important because it gives the artist a chance to express their passion for their artwork in a dramatic and physical way.

1 comment:

  1. If great performance art piece stays with you an influences your life.
    Great definition of performance art!!!

    Elena Cifuentes

    ReplyDelete

Music works and comments assignment

 Rap For rap my favorite artist is Macklemore. I think he takes very important social issues and brings awareness to them. My favorite song ...